Friday, April 01, 2005

Blogger is up to its new tricks

Those of you who don't blog are probably unaware of the frustrations inherent lately in using blogger. Blogger, the free service that is kind enough to host this blog and so many others (all of the ones with "blogspot" in the name), is having--to put it mildly--problems.

Sometimes it's impossible to log on. When logged on, most of the time it's impossible to post. It's necessary to save each post in some other venue before trying to publish it, because nine times out of ten (or actually, ten times out of ten) it would be lost otherwise.

I attempted to publish one of today's posts about seven times to no avail. I only managed to get it published by a little trick I've developed--changing the title. Why this ploy should work I haven't a clue, but I have found that sometimes it does. However, if a few hours from now seven identical posts suddenly pop up in a delayed reaction to my efforts, don't be surprised.

So, this constitutes my disclaimer: don't blame me for anything, blame blogger! I would think it's an elaborate passive-aggressive April Fools' joke on the part of blogger, except that it's been going on now for over a week.

4 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, April 01, 2005, Blogger vanderleun said...

I am afraid I must cast some blame your way. Wordpress and other programs are free. Hosting Matters charges $11 a month to host my page with is large and has a substantial amount of traffic.

Movable type is free.

Typepad is very easy and cheap.

Spend the money and get by on 1 less Upper West Side lunch per month.

Sheesh!

If not that, just think about the lessening level of stress and frustration in your psyche.

 
At 3:58 PM, April 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typepad works for me and is very reasonable at $4.95 per month.

 
At 12:00 AM, April 02, 2005, Blogger ljmcinnis said...

Neo-neo, I too have been having problems with blogger,and its mighty frustrating. But, I really like its origins, appealing to anyone and everyone (the masses) regardless of their technical skills. Of course I can afford to change or upgrade (as I'm sure you can too) but I'm hanging in there. Growing pains are inevitable in any business. I'm NOT a pro, I can endure it. So what's up with Gerard??? You could refer him to your post discussing the difference between explaining and rationalizing...

 
At 12:20 PM, April 02, 2005, Blogger vanderleun said...

I don't really see what you're on about mcinnis.

You must move the the stage of Acceptance, and accept that BLOGGER IS SATAN!

Like SATAN its origins were angelic, but now it reigns in a different place.

Another opportunity I see well-endorsed is:

http://www.powerblogs.com/

Go now, mcinnis my love, and therapize no more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger