Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Prediction on next "change" post

Update: I am currently at work on my next "change" post, and hope to finish it in the next day or two.

But I've been wrong in those predictions before. The best-laid-schemes and all that, as the poet says:

But Mousie, thou are no thy-lane,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

Still, thou art blest, compar'd wi' me!
The present only toucheth thee:
But Och! I backward cast my e'e,
On prospects drear!
An' forward, tho' I canna see,
I guess an' fear!

3 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, June 28, 2005, Blogger Callimachus said...

Hijacked right back. My e-mail is byronic106@yahoo.com. I don't post that on the site because my workplace rules forbid me to "have" a blog and I risk being fired if this one is discovered. It doesn't stop some people who don't like what I write there from constantly printing my full name and the blog name on their own sites, in hopes it will be discovered.

As for Burns, you have to read him out loud with the over-the-top Chief Engineer Scott accent. Then it comes out "To a Moose," which gives it a whole new meaning.

 
At 11:51 PM, November 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing has changed after 9/11 because it was all the same before 9/11.
I know a certain Doug Harper who thought he has changed his so-called liberal mind after that. He produced a very splendid etymology-site and then he ununderstandable turned into a typical conservative pessimistic attitude (maybe because he got what he aimed at and wanted then to secure that).
To change a point of view because 9/11 means to me to misuse 9/11.
But if you need that to go ahead with what you want, do so. But please don't try to acclaim it as a n poltical attitude.
So long,
Brodnik (who misses his non-dialogues with Doug).

 
At 12:16 AM, November 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, commented at the false adress. I never called me a "liberal" (horrible word - the opposite of a free human being). "Ooh, I'm liberal, I tolerate people (as long as they follow my rules)". "Ooh, 9/11, that is where liberalism leads to, gotta change my point of view - strike back, even if it is a forward strike, but strike."
Sorry having disturbed little bourgois children. Leave as fast as I can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger