Comments are now more user-friendly--I hope
I've had a couple of complaints about the fact that this blog requires people to register fully with blogger before commenting. In the interests of becoming more comment-friendly (and because I finally figured out how to fix it), I've changed the settings and have now made it easier to comment here. Power to the people!
UPDATE: It's come to my attention that, even though this represents improvement, there are still some folks who are having trouble posting. So, I offer this comments tutorial for those who are even more computer-challenged than I.
The following sounds complex, but it's really very very easy. Trust me. Take a few deep slow breaths and I'll walk you through it.
1) Click on "0 comments" (or whatever the number of comments happens to be) beneath the post, on the right. On the left of your screen, you will then be able to view whatever comments have already been made.
2) Click on "post a comment" on the lower left.
3) Write your comment in the blank box on the right of your screen under "leave your comment."
4) Under that box, you are given three choices for signing in under "choose an identity." You need to choose one of the three by clicking in the circle before your choice: "blogger," "other," or "anonymous."
--If you choose "blogger": this means you have to create an account with blogger. Those who already have an account, no problem. Otherwise click on "sign up here" and follow the instructions.
--If you choose "other": this means you just sign in with a name of your choice. There is also a space to fill in your web page URL, if you want, but you don't have to do this.
--If you choose "anonymous," you're all set to post a comment.
5) After typing your comment in the box and choosing your identity, you now can post your comment, or you might want to preview it first. If posting, just click "login and publish" (if you've chosen "blogger" as your identity), or click "publish your comment" (if you've chosen "other" or "anonymous" as your identity). That's all you need to do.
If you prefer to preview your comment before posting it, click "preview" intead. Afterwards, if you look on the lower left, you will see your comment in a yellow box. Look it over, and if satisfied, click on "publish this comment." Otherwise, click on "edit comment," and then fix the comment. Then click on "publish your comment" (or "login and publish," if you've chosen blogger), and you're all set.
Simplicity itself, isn't it?