Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I guess they like the kimchee ("Escapee elephants visit Seoul restaurant")

The MSN headline did what it's supposed to do--it certainly caught my eye: "Escapee elephants visit Seoul restaurant." The article has a few wonderful details. There were six elephants in all; one elephant bolted during their daily parade outside a children's park, and the others followed because, "they have a tendency to do that," according to an official.

I had no idea elephants were such sheep.

One elephant "was briefly detained at a police station." I hope they read him (her?) his (her?) Miranda rights.

I know elephants can be very dangerous, so it's no joke when they escape, but all's well that ends well, and this escapade did--although I'm not sure the elephants would agree. They are now back in captivity.

4 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, April 20, 2005, Blogger goesh said...

I laughed when I read that article too. I figured someone would have lured them back with carrots or whatever an elephant might like - a tub of beer perhaps?

 
At 6:55 PM, April 20, 2005, Blogger Tran Sient said...

I must question their taste if it was for the kimchee. You would think an animal with that big of a nose would know better.

 
At 6:54 AM, April 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now let me tell you about a female elephant I met in Assam. She was Indian and a real cutie. Sadly, she ran away with a travelling salesman ftom Poona !

 
At 7:20 PM, May 04, 2005, Blogger camojack said...

Actually, I'm rather fond of kimchee, myself...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger