Sunday, April 17, 2005

I'm not taking it personally,but...

...why, oh why, did this have to happen on the weekend I was planning to take the Acela to NY for the very first time?

Amtrak, oh Amtrak. I keep hoping it will be improved from the last time I tried it, before the Acela was even a gleam in some Amtrak executive's eye. But I figure it's got to be better than when I took the Boston to NY train over Thanksgiving vacation during the Carter-era oil crisis, when there were twice as many people on the train as there were seats. It can't be that bad, right? Right?

So, today is a travel day. Please wish me luck (the good kind)!

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, April 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you good luck !

 
At 10:45 AM, April 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After your non-Acela experience, I recommend to you, John Tierney's op-ed column in today's NYT. The current brake problem is, apparently, but one of many SNAFUs in both the Acela project and, overall, in Amtrak itself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger