Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Caught that baton

Norm Geras tossed me the "10 things I've never done before" baton, and so I'll catch. Norm has sometimes told me I should break down and write shorter posts (he knows I do have a very slight tendency to go on and on), so maybe this was his effort to help me out. Before Nov. 2004, the first entry in the following list probably would have been "voted for a Republican." But no more.

10 Things I've Never Done

--bought a new car
--painted my toenails
--been fired, or fired anyone
--had my horoscope done
--eaten anything bigger than my head
--lied about my age
--worn a T-shirt that said anything
--kissed a man with a beard
--seen any of the "Godfather" movies
--owned a cat, or wanted to

And now it's my turn to pass it on. So here goes--and you'd better make it funnier than I did. That shouldn't be too hard!: TmjUtah, Dennis the Peasant, and Dr. Sanity.

9 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, May 18, 2005, Blogger Pancho said...

TmjUtah

Well done....another fine citizen, originally from Midland Texas. Many of us fine citizens are from Midland including Gen. Tommy Franks, Tommy Lee Jones and George and Laura Bush.

A not so fine citizen from Midland is Woody Harleson.

 
At 7:11 PM, May 18, 2005, Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

Wasn't Woody's dad a piece of work as well?

Good job on the list, Neo!

 
At 8:26 PM, May 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never owned a car in my life !

 
At 8:55 PM, May 18, 2005, Blogger TmjUtah said...

*huffpuffhuffpuffhuffpuffSLAPgotit*

It will be a few hours before I can respond; time sheet, downloads, and a trip to the grocery store interfere with the blogging thing...

*huffpuffhuffpuffhuff... receding around the curve in the track with a big smile on my face...*

 
At 9:01 PM, May 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm crafty, in case you'd like to use another for number 8.

You are the apple of my eye, so you know it would be a treat. :)

 
At 10:56 PM, May 18, 2005, Blogger Pancho said...

Wasn't Woody's dad a piece of work as well?

TWD, yup Woody Harleson's dad Charles assasinated federal judge John Woods in San Antonio in 1979. The wholesome all American family.

 
At 2:26 PM, May 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the interests of full disclosure--I suddenly realized that #6 is not true. It should be amended to read: I've never lied about my age to make myself seem younger.

I certainly lied about my age to seem older (sigh). It was done so long ago that it totally slipped my mind (how depressing is that?), and it was all about fake IDs and drinking. I would imagine the statute of limitations has run out on that particular crime.

 
At 8:56 PM, May 19, 2005, Blogger vanderleun said...

I must confess that once, and only once, in a moment of extreme weakness I painted one of my small toenails red.

And I must also confess that yesterday I got my annual pedicure. I tell you it is the "World O' Women" in those joints, but my toenails are no longer scaring me.

 
At 4:16 AM, May 23, 2005, Blogger Judith said...

I can't believe you got to the grey hair stage of life without ever wearing a t-shirt that said anything. Especially a former "progressive" like you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger