Saturday, April 09, 2005

My nominee for invention of the year: Clocky

Well, here it is, the invention I've been waiting my whole life for: Clocky, a clock that rolls away after you hit the snooze alarm, forcing you to get out of bed to turn it off when the alarm sounds again. Simplicity itself.

Clocky has so moved me (in the metaphorical sense) that I felt compelled to write a poem in its honor--a limerick, to be exact.

Shag-carpeted, wheeled, it looks schlocky.
But don't turn your nose up at Clocky.
So, snooze-alarm addict,
Buy one; it's nomadic,
And plays hard-to-get, this tick-tocky.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, April 09, 2005, Blogger Matthew M said...

Yeah, what a great idea for a clock.. well, at least for the first 3 days until you grow tired of it and send it off with the rest of the garbage :) What if it rolls under the bed?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger