Saturday, June 11, 2005

More weather complaints

I'm all talk, no action--as in "everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it."

Since everything is so easy to look up on Google, I just discovered that that quote isn't by "anonymous," as I'd thought, but was written by someone I'd never heard of before, Charles Dudley Warner, journalist, author, Mark Twain collaborator. His essays are described as "charming" and "polished," unlike this one (well, you can't hit them all out of the park).

My excuse? Just one short month ago I was complaining tediously about the cold. I actually didn't turn off my furnace till about two weeks ago. And now, now--well, I guess there's no pleasing me. It's been hot and exceptionally humid, and even the thunderstorms we seem to have every day now aren't helping a bit. A while back I thought I had moved to Seattle in winter; now it appears to be Houston in summer.

And today, of all things, I was involved in a yard sale, one of my least favorite things to do on earth. It's over, I'm too pooped to blog, and I'll see you guys tomorrow.


2 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, June 11, 2005, Blogger Pancho said...

Weather, I've done something about it...put up a site where you can talk about it. Weather Talk

There is an another old saying that applies particularly to West Texas....."If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes it will change". Tonight it did. The last two or three days it has been so hot and humid [a rarity in W. Texas] that we haven't wanted to venture out of the house. Tonight...we ate antipasto outside under a beautiful and cool starlit sky.

 
At 10:10 AM, June 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a really interesting blog here, I saw a link to it on myspinzone.net, you must be a rarity in New England.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger