Saturday, September 10, 2005

The doctor is in, indeed

There are so many excellent blogs and bloggers that I can't even begin to keep up with all the ones I want to read, and still continue to do any writing myself. But every now and then I find a new blog (new to me, anyway) and see something there so resonant and stirring that I can honestly say that I feel a thrill of excitement at the discovery.

That's what happened to me when, through some circuitous route or other, I encountered Dr. Bob and his essay entitled "The Call", which appears at his blog The Doctor is In. It is a remarkable piece of writing; please do yourself a favor and read it.

But writing is only the half of it. Dr. Bob can surely write, but he can also think and feel, and he can write eloquently about what he thinks and feels. He can also act, in his capacity as a doctor. My guess is, from the evidence of his essay, that he is every bit as good a doctor as he is a writer and thinker and feeler, and that's saying a great deal.

For those of you who are not Christians, don't let Dr. Bob's Christian perspective throw you off, because he writes for everyone, and he writes of universal matters.

I plan to do more reading at the Doctor Is In. But even if Dr. Bob had never written another word besides "The Call," it would have been enough.

3 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, September 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another fine blogger to add to my list. I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to manage to find time to eat just keeping up with all the good material being produced here and elsewhere. Well...I suppose I could stand to lose a few, anyways.

 
At 6:59 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger karrde said...

I have to say that I first read the good doctor when he began to write about the bridge project near his home. Then when he wrote about addiction, I began to pay very close attention to his blog.

I am almost happy that he doesn't post on a daily basis. Keeping up with that level of output would be very demanding.

 
At 6:10 AM, September 13, 2005, Blogger Dymphna said...

I can't remember why I didn't blogroll him...early dementia, late ADD...?

Like karrde I became interested in his bridge posts...

...I remember! American Digest praised his writing skills highly and I'm a sucker for a good writer so over there I went and prowled for awhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger