Sunday, November 13, 2005

Took the day off

I'm visiting family today and am taking the day off. I plan to be back posting tomorrow.

The weather is lovely, and I'm about to go out for dinner, so that's good.

I've only been online for a few moments today, but it was long enough to read the astounding news of the woman bomber who failed to detonate herself.

If I could travel back in time about five years to tell my previous self that I'd be writing about a woman who, with her husband's help and guidance, strapped herself with explosives and walked into a wedding party at a fancy hotel in Jordan planning to blow herself up among a bunch of happy celebrating strangers, I would think I had gone mad. But such events have become part and parcel of our lives now.

I hope this woman has a lot of very useful information to impart.

5 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, November 13, 2005, Blogger Papa Ray said...

She will only puke up the sorry and sad excuses that they all (murder bombers) give. Any useful information will not be forthcoming, and you know Jordon won't torture her (Islamic traditions and all).

Her only guilt will be is that her explosive detonator malfunctioned.

It is indeed a sad and screwed up world.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

 
At 6:58 PM, November 13, 2005, Blogger Ymarsakar said...

The warrior spirit thrives in a sad screwed up world. It is only in times of peace that people grow weak, foolish, and decadent.

And when that veneer of peace is torn off... what nastiness may be seen?

 
At 11:03 PM, November 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no "warrior spirit" in suicide bombers. Warriors would seek to build their skills to do battle, not throw their lives away killing dozens of unaware people so they can get fifteen minutes of fame on Al-Jazeera.

 
At 4:20 AM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's possible that her detonator malfunctioned but it's also possible that she didn't push the button.

 
At 5:34 AM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After the Jordanians get through with her she may regret having survived the bombings. as for me can I have compassion for murderers? Not in this case!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger