Monday, August 28, 2006

Dr. Sanity channels Elton

My esteemed colleague Dr. Sanity is at it again.

Here's another wonderful song parody of hers, this time of Elton John's "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues."

To refresh your memory (and to better appreciate Dr. Sanity's--dare I say it--yes, her genius), here are the words of the chorus of the Elton John original:

And I guess that's why they call it the blues
Time on my hands could be time spent with you
Laughing like children, living like lovers
Rolling like thunder under the covers
And I guess that's why they call it the blues.


And here's Dr. Sanity's version:

And I guess that's why they all hate the Jews;
Blame them for their failures; and kill them for news
Blow up their children, bask in confusion
Believe that their strengths are just an illusion--
And I guess that's why they all hate the Jews.


Read the rest, and sing along.


Powered by Blogger