Saturday, April 09, 2005

Part 4 coming soon to a blog near you

I've been trying to write Part 4 of the "mind is a difficult thing to change" series (see right sidebar for links to the earlier parts), and it's been slow going, much slower than the others. I'm pretty sure it's because the subject is the Vietnam War.

I've been impressed for some time by how much emotional power that era still carries, and how much confusion and controversy it continues to cause. The unusually laborious process of trying to write something about my own reaction to it as a teenager and young adult has driven the point home to me even further. So it's a lot easier to write limericks about Clocky, or reminiscences about curfews and dress codes in the 60s.

Oh, excuses, excuses! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have it done within the next couple of days, and I'm also pretty sure I'd better not wait till I'm totally satisfied with it to post it, or I'll never do so.

3 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, April 10, 2005, Blogger M. Simon said...

Please let me know if you are going to cover virgin pins.

And the girl reputed having come to school with a wishbone.

 
At 11:00 PM, April 11, 2005, Blogger The Scrutinator said...

I followed your comment at vietpundit here. I find the journeys of folks like yourself compelling, fascinating.

I'd like to see a blog-roll of folks like yourself. The closest thing I found was David Horowitz' "Second Thoughts" people (many who started much further left). I think your site should be mentioned there and would suggest it to them with your permission.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more of your story.

 
At 1:16 PM, April 12, 2005, Blogger Bookworm said...

I think the Vietnam War is the biggest hurdle Americans face regarding clear-sighted thinking about the current world situation. I've blogged, somewhat facetiously about this subject, at http://bookwormroom.blogspot.com/2005/04/true-heroes.html.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger