Thursday, September 01, 2005

Katrina relief

I've not posted on the tragedy that is post-Katrina New Orleans because so many others are already doing the job so well. But I don't want to ignore it, either. The grief and fear the city and its survivors--both rescued and as-yet unrescued--are enduring right now is horrific, the heroism of the relief workers admirable. I hope, as I think all do, that everyone is evacuated safely who needs to be, and that the death toll does not rise any more.

If any of you don't have a favorite blog or other source of information for Katrina updates, I suggest Michelle Malkin, who is doing an excellent and very thorough job.

Instapundit is organizing a blogburst today, in which each blogger chooses a charity to recommend for Katrina relief donations. All of the charities on Instapundit's list are worthy, but I'll suggest the tried and true Salvation Army. They've been doing good deeds for over a hundred years now, and one of their smallest and least important recent good deeds was to quietly and efficiently send a truck to my home last time I moved and take a whole load of goods away, to be recycled to help others. Their webpage offers a variety of easy ways to donate to Katrina relief.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, September 01, 2005, Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

Good choice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger