Monday, September 04, 2006

Noah's eyes: still point in the turning world

If you're having a slow Labor Day, take a look at this (hat tip: Pajamas Media): a young man named Noah takes a photo of himself every day for six years (yes, count 'em--or rather, maybe you'd better just take his word for it).

Ah, Noah, despite your relative youth and my relative age, I can empathize. What am I talking about? Why, the hair, of course! Every day a different experience--every hour a different experience. Those of us with strongly wavy hair that has a mind of its own can understand; others probably cannot.

The variety of directions in which Noah's hair chooses to go is not matched by any variety in his own moods, however. Never I have seen so little change of expression in my life. And his eyes--how does he do that? They appear to remain focused on a single point throughout the over two thousand photos.


Powered by Blogger