Every now and then I do some linking. Now seems to be one of those times:
(1) At the news of Zarqawi's untimely demise, many in the blogosphere (including myself) reached towards "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" for inspiration. But not the far more lyrically gifted Dr. Sanity, who's channeling Sondheim instead.
(2) Richard Landes speculates on whether or not the latest Gaza killing of a family on the beach might be Ballywood inspired or manipulated. A tragedy any way you look at it; you be the judge (and see here for initial results of the IDF probe into the incident).
(3) At Treasure of Baghdad, an Iraqi journalist who had not heretofore been pro-American or pro-occupation expresses joy, and a burgeoning optimism and trust, at the death of Zarqawi and its ramifications.
(4) The above Treasure of Baghdad post came via a link at Alexandra's All Things Beautiful. Alexandra herself has been working overtime lately on topics such as Haditha; as well as the manner, effect, and media coverage of Zarqawi's death.
(5) They can smell cocaine and cancer, and cows in heat.