Thursday, June 15, 2006

On the topic of trolls

I'm on vacation for a few more days, and am unusually busy--having fun. A novel idea. Therefore my access to computers is far more limited than usual. For example, yesterday I hardly saw a computer at all except to post relatively early in the day.

Of course, the trolls have been out in force, jumping on the thread and trying to derail it in a fairly transparent and offensive manner. Not a surprise. I don't have the time right now (or perhaps ever, but certainly not now) to be on constant troll patrol. So, for now, all I can ask is that you ignore them.

However, rest assured that there are remedies. I can't employ them now because they require a certain amount of time to implement. When blogs reach a critical mass, sooner or later--if they have comments sections--they are all faced with this problem. I am planning, when I get back and have a good chunk of time, to add and/or change certain elements here that will allow me to deal quite effectively with trolls, never fear. But it will be some time before that happens, so I counsel patience.

And now I'm outta here. I do plan to post later today, however, on a more substantive and (hopefully) interesting issue.

0 Comments:

<< Home


Powered by Blogger